Facelift surgery, or rhytidectomy, is a procedure designed to restore a more youthful appearance by removing major wrinkles and sagging skin on the face and neck. It involves tightening of the facial and neck muscles as well as the removal of any excess skin along the neck, jowl and jaw line. The procedure will also give a lifted, more youthful appearance to the cheek or midface area.
A facelift will improve your facial appearance and have a dramatic effect on your neck, enhancing its contour and profile. A facelift is frequently performed in conjunction with blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), forehead or brow lift, chin augmentation and skin rejuvenation with chemical peel or laser resurfacing to create an overall rejuvenated face. You can be repeat the procedure in the future, though it is rarely necessary for at least 10-15 years.
- Artistic Cosmetic Face Lift Benefits vs. Traditional Plastic Face Lift
- No pulled or plastic look
- You can wear your hair up or short with well-hidden scars
- Quick recovery - 7 to 14 days
- No general anesthesia. Only IV sedation and local anesthesia necessary.
- Reduced operating time - Only 2-3 hours.
- Improved, lasting results with advanced laser technology