Acne can be treated with a variety of procedures. We treat acne at Southern Surgical Arts with different types of chemical peels, blue light therapy, facial extractions and at-home skincare. Our licensed aesthesticians can customize your treatment for optimal results.
Glycolic and Salicylic Peels
A chemical peel, also called chemexfoliation is one of the least invasive, superficial skin peels to improve the appearance of your skin. The peels at Southern Surgical Arts are prescription-grade to remove the outer layers of dead skin cells to reveal fresher, healthier and softer skin. In as little as one week, you will notice smoother skin texture and tone, diminished fine lines and wrinkles, reduction in brown spots, control of excess oil, reduction in blemishes and restored vitality The aestheticians at Southern Surgical Aarts will evaluate your needs during a consultation and come up with the best treatment path to meet your needs. Most people need 4-6 treatments to see optimal results.
Jessner Chemical Peel
The Jessner Chemical Peel is designed specifically for sun damaged, wrinkled, blemished, acne scarred or blotchy skin. It is made from salicylic acid, lactic acid, and resorcinol. This peel may be reapplied at 6-week intervals. The downtime for a Jessner peel is approximately one week.
TCA Chemical Peel
This peel uses several strengths of trichloroacetic acid (TCA) based on your individual skin type. The TCA peel effectively removes the surface layers of aged and sun-damaged skin. Benefits of the TCA peel include skin tightening, decreased appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and superficial pigment lesions with shorter recovery (3-4 days) than laser resurfacing. May be repeated in 12 weeks.
The medium depth peel from Neova uses lactic, salicylic & resorcinol acid for all skin types. It helps with sun damage, fine lines & wrinkles, discoloration and acne. It also improves tone & texture. The Renaissance2Peel shows fast results and has virtually no downtime with the benefits of light skin resurfacing and DNA repair.
The Perfect Peel
Perfect skin is just a peel away. The Perfect Peel is built on Glutathione, a key anti-aging ingredient never used in peels before.
Glutathione is an antioxidant known to prevent damage to important cellular components caused by free radicals and peroxides. Glutathione penetrates deep into the cellular level of the skin to fight oxidant damage that causes premature wrinkling. The Perfect Peel is the only peel that uses Glutathione as a founding component.
Blue Light Therapy
Blue light kills acne bacteria. When blue light strikes acne bacteria cells it sets off a chemical reaction that causes the bacteria to self-destruct. Blue light is an effective acne treatment, but it's not a cure. Our laser technology provides the most advanced blue light therapy for optimal results.
Dermapen® is an advanced skin micro-needling device that works to tighten, lift and rejuvenate the skin. The unique spring-loaded needle tip of the Dermapen uses an automated needling motion that minimizes pain and discomfort, while better promoting an even absorption of topicals, such as PRP, hyaluronic acid, hydrogenated collagen, Vitamin C and peptides into the skin. The results are youthful looking skin with even tone and texture and down-time of only one day.
Recently awarded “Best Professional Skin Rejuvenation Device” at THE Aesthetic Show 2012, the Dermapen is effective in reducing fine lines and wrinkles, minimizing pore size and acne scars.
At-Home Skincare products
Make a complimentary appointment with one of our licensed aesthesticians to find out which medical-grade products are best for you.
- Exfoderm – Increases exfoliation
- Healthy Skin – Sun Protection
- Tretinoin – Increases cell turnover
- Toner – Prepares skin for penetration of active ingredients
- Clenziderm – Helps acne prone skin
- LHA Cleansing Gel – Exfoliating gel with triple acids to prime and decongest skin
- Clarifying Cleanser – Exfoliating cream with hydroxyl acids and micro-beads to unclog pores
- Simply Clean – Deep cleansing gel with fruit acid blend to remove impurities
- LHA Solution – Helps aging skin prone to breakouts
- Equalizing toner – Helps restore the skin’s protective pH
- Blemish & Age – Decreases outbreak of adult acne, Anti-aging product
- Phyto-Corrective – Decreases redness, soothes sensitive skin
- Retinol – Increases cell turnover
- Renew Overnight Oily – Nighttime moisturizer to hydrate and refine skin
- Peche – Manage skin redness (blotchiness, blemishes & improves skin tone)
- Breakout Control – Correct/control breakouts