Memorial Hospital published a list of 5 ways you can prepare for surgery in their Fall 2013 magazine, Inspire. We modified the list to be specific to your cosmetic surgery procedure. Here is the list for you to review to prepare for your surgery.
1. Prepare your body. Make sure to get plenty of sleep, eat healthy foods and exercise regularly. Your body will heal faster if you go into the surgery well and healthy.
2. Focus your mind. Make sure you have all your questions answered before your surgery. Dr. Nease, Dr. Deal and the rest of our staff at Southern Surgical Arts are ready to answer any questions you have. Make sure to focus on a positive outcome so that you can decrease anxiety.
3. Be specific. Dr. Deal and Dr. Nease will go over what to expect during recovery and when you can return to normal activities. However, if you have additional questions that are specific to your lifestyle and needs, make sure to ask before your surgery.
4. Make a recovery plan. You should have a caretaker with you for the first 24 hours after your surgery, and sometimes longer may be helpful. Also, make sure that you have loved ones around you to help with grocery shopping and simple tasks that you may not be able to do while recovering. Also consider moving furniture around ahead of time for easier navigation from room to room.
5. Discuss health changes. It is important to discuss any changes in your health with Dr. Nease or Dr. Deal — even if you have the common cold. If you have started new vitamins, tell them. Up-to-date information can help Dr. Deal and Dr. Nease make the best decision about your cosmetic surgery procedure.