According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, breast augmentation is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries in the United States. Women who are unhappy with the appearance of their breasts are frequently choosing to have them cosmetically enhanced.
Here are six reasons why breast augmentation is the top cosmetic surgery in the United States:
1. Satisfaction: When a woman is dissatisfied with the appearance of her breasts, it can negatively impact her confidence in her appearance. Breast augmentation can be a positive solution in these cases. Not only does augmentation allow the surgeon to increase breast size, it is also used to correct breast shape, asymmetries and volume loss. This can result in a more positive body image overall, as well as boost self-confidence.
2. Simple Surgery: There are many different techniques used to enhance breasts, but they all have one thing in common—augmentation is a rather simple, routine procedure with minimal downtime and scarring. Typically, the surgery is performed on an outpatient basis with general anesthesia. Most women can resume their daily routine within a few days, and activities such as exercise can be resumed after two to three weeks.
3. Safety: All breast implants that we use at Southern Surgical Arts are approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA has determined that both saline and silicone gel implants are safe options for women seeking breast augmentation. Saline implants contain a sterile salt water solution that is very similar to the natural saline found in the human body. If a saline implant ruptures, it is absorbed effortlessly. Silicone implants have a cohesive gel that will not flow out even if the outer casing ruptures. Women interested in implants can work with their surgeon to choose the best option for them, with the peace of mind that either choice is safe and FDA-approved.
4. Long-lasting Results: While some breast implants can last a lifetime, implants typically have a lifespan of about 10 to 15 years. After that time, a woman may decide to get the implants replaced to maintain the shape, size and contour of the breast. Today’s breast implants are made from materials that are more durable and cosmetically attractive than in the past.
5. Choice of Implants: When it comes to breast implants, one size does not fit all. There is a wide variety of options in terms of size, shape and profiles. There are currently seven FDA-approved implants available in a teardrop shape to give breasts an ideal, beautiful appearance. Silicone gel implants offer a more natural touch and feel, while saline implants are good for adjusting volume when there are asymmetries in the breasts. Choosing the right implant is vital, and overall body type, figure and appearance are important considerations.
6. Affordability: Body confidence is priceless. You simply cannot assign a numeric value to the importance of feeling confident and happy with your physical appearance. Fortunately, breast augmentation is also extremely affordable. There are many cosmetic surgery practices that also offer patient financing, putting this procedure within reach of many women who could not have afforded it in the past.
If you are considering breast augmentation, it is important you choose your cosmetic surgeon with care. Working with a highly skilled surgeon will greatly influence the outcome of your surgery. That is why so many patients choose Southern Surgical Arts, which is 100 percent devoted to cosmetic surgery. The physicians at our clinic are board certified cosmetic surgeons with years of education, training and experience in performing breast augmentations. Our surgeons are always willing to answer your questions and discuss your goals to achieve more youthful looking breasts. You will enjoy the friendly ambiance and personalized service that our practice provides. Contact Southern Surgical Arts today for your breast augmentation consultation.